The Teleportation Combat Game
played with coins on custom bar coasters
- Each coaster features a gameboard on one
side and complete rules on the back
- Set of 4 feature NASA images of the major
moons of Jupiter (Ganymeade, Io, Callisto, and Europa)
- Each moon also carries a unique special power
(Stinging Defense, Teleport Inhibitor, Warning System, and Rapid
- Additional Equipment: each player needs a
fleet of seven matching tokens (for example, pennies or dimes)
- Recommended for 2 players, with variations
included for 3 or more
- Playing time: 10-20 minutes
- Suggested Retail Price: $5
The problem with teleportation is that it's a one-way trip.
You've transported a ship to an enemy planet -- now what? Their
teleport pad is under tight control. Looks like you'll have to
overwhelm them with sheer numbers and do battle to the death to
even send a single ship back home. You'll need cunning, and a
good dose of luck to get through this alive -- and don't forget
that special power you have up your sleeve...
Sound complicated? Not to worry. You can always just use their
entire planet as a place to put your drink.
How To Use These Coasters:
- Yes, these are real bar coasters, intended for repeated use
in beverage-intensive situations. You can get 'em soaking wet
and they'll be fine when they dry out. Please don't hesitate
to use them as coasters!
- When playing with two, each player receives two coasters:
the first is used as a gameboard, loaded up with a fleet of seven
coins (or other matching tokens), and the second is kept next
to it, face down. It will serve as both a rules reference and
an indication of the player's special power. (It can also be
used as a place for your beverage.)
- When playing with three or more, each player should invade
(and attempt to return from) only the planet on the left (thus
needing to defend against such an invasion only from the player
on the right).
- To play RPS, each player simultaneously reveals their choice
of Rock, Paper, or Scissors. Rock beats Scissors, Paper beats
Rock, Scissors beats Paper.