ANSWERS to FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
( Last updated Feb 2001 )
Fans, Friends, Colleagues, and Customers
* If you are sending us anecdotes, observations, or ideas about our games and/or our website -- Thanks! As you can imagine, we love getting feedback and fan mail. Please consider signing up for one or more of our mailing lists (http://www.wunderland.com/lists.html) and sharing this info with others in the Wunderland.Com community. And be sure to check the webzine (http://www.wunderland.com) on Friday - your comments might just show up on the testimonial of the week! Please write again, we love hearing from you.
* Yes, you can order from Looney Labs or Contagious Dreams with a check, and you can phone or fax your credit card info to us, if you don't want to send it via the web site. Please place your order online (http://www.looneylabs.com/store) so it gets into our system, but select "Will Call" as you payment option, instead of VISA or MC. This way, the system does not ask for your credit card. Then just call, fax, or mail in your payment. (Looney Labs, PO Box 761, College Park, MD 20740.)
* If you're a really big fan of our stuff, you should become a Mad Lab Rabbit! We're in the midst of developing a program to help our fans (aka "rabbits") demo our games in the stores that sell them. All things relating to this rabbit program are very much still under construction, and the cool technology we used for the Chrononauts playtest (http://www.madlabrabbits.com) is in a holding pattern while it undergoes a software overhaul. If you want to get involved, the best thing to do at the moment is to get yourself on the rabbit mailing list (http://www.wunderland.com/lists.html) so you find out what is going on as we continue to develop this program.
* Rabbits looking for marketing support (catalogs, handouts, and other freebies) for their demos can order them from the Rabbit Support page. (http://www.looneylabs.com/store/LL-RabbitSupport.html)
* If you're asking for permission to link to our site, we of course welcome you to do so. We love free link traffic. If you need a graphic to use as a button, the Boosters Club page has some images you can download. (http://www.wunderland.com/Home/Boosters.html ) But if you're trying to set up an exchange, that's harder. We don't currently have any place at our site to put a link back to your website. This may change in the future, but for now we have nothing running. However, if you have a really cool site, Tirade or toK might deem it Worthy, as might #12 if it's a webcomic (http://www.wunderland.com/Home/Worthy.html ) so thanks for telling us about your web site, and thanks for linking to us!
* If you've invented a game and you're looking for someone to publish it, sorry. Looney Labs isn't interested. We can hardly fit all of our own ideas into our budget, much less anyone else's. However, if you've invented a new game that uses Icehouse pieces, by all means please let us know about it! Get on the Icehouse mailing list (http://www.wunderland.com/lists.html) and introduce yourself and your new game to Icehouse fans the world over.
* If you are sending us content submissions for our webzine,
sorry... but all the content is written by members of the Wunderland
Toast Society. Exceptions to this are the following specific features,
which do accept submissions:
- Andy's Time Travel Sweepstakes: http://wunderland.com/Home/TimeTravel
- Kristin's Space Under The Window eBook: http://wunderland.com/EBooks/Window/Window-T.html
- Ginohn's Tombstone game: http://www.wunderland.com/WTS/Ginohn/games/graveyard.html
Retailers and Distributors
* Stores looking for catalogs, posters, etc. should hit the Retailer support page (http://www.looneylabs.com/store/LL-RetailerSupport.html) to order free stuff. If you do not yet carry our games, please order yourself a catalog from this page and we'll send it right out to you. Our games are available through most all the major distributors (http://www.madlabrabbits.com/dist.cfm?viewall=yes) in the adventure game industry, or you can buy directly from us (http://www.looneylabs.com/store/backroom.html). Call Kristin @ (301) 441-1019 if you want to set up an account.
* If your store is selling Looney Labs games, please add your vital locator information to our online Roster of stores (http://www.madlabrabbits.com/stores.cfm). Email email@example.com if you need to make corrections to your listing. And please make sure you get on our Retailer Announcement List as well (http://www.wunderland.com/otherlists.html ). At the moment (pending the completion of a major software upgrade), these two lists are unrelated, and you want to be on both.
* Looking for Clip Art? If you need high-rez graphics like
logos or product shots for use in print media about our products,
you should be able to download what you need from our Resources
(http://www.looneylabs.com/Resources/Default.html). You are also welcome to use any of the low-rez images of our games that you will find scattered around our web site, as long as they are being used to promote our games.
* We have a media support page (http://www.looneylabs.com/media.html) but it is woefully out of date. An overhaul of these pages is high on the list of things to do... if you are a member of the press, and you are interested in us and our games, make sure you are on our Press Announcement list (http://www.wunderland.com/otherlists.html) so we can tell you about new stuff as it becomes available. If you want to talk about something specific, call Kristin @ (301) 441-1019.
* If you are trying to sell us advertising space, our advertising
budget is currently frozen so do not be too hopeful. But this
will certainly change at some point in the future, so be sure
you get on the Press Announcement list so we can keep in touch.